Human Resources Manager - PHMG
Join our dynamic, fast-paced, and team-oriented HR department at Palomar Health Medical Group. We are now hiring for an HR Manager to help implement high quality HR services to the employees and managers across 20 locations and supporting over 700 staff and provider clients. The HR Manager will provide operational support to the HR support team and is responsible for demonstrating a working knowledge of the trends and forces that shape the healthcare industry and other emerging issues related to supporting outpatient clinical care practices. Additionally, the HRM must demonstrate flexibility and initiative to effectively lead change efforts in response to environmental or organizational changes. This position reports to the HR Director for Palomar Health Medical Group and will directly manage a team of HR Specialists and Generalists.
Provide day-to-day HR advice and support to management and staff and participate in decision making processes at each level.
- Oversees daily operations of Human Resources Department and its staff.
- Oversee employee relations issues and coach/counsel supervisors and managers on policy compliance interpretation, and application. Present options and recommendations for resolution.
- Coach supervisors/managers on performance management and employee development.
- Prepare for and attend unemployment hearings.
- Assist in communication, development and rollout of human resource programs and policies.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors as related to recruitment and student programs
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
Qualifications Required Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Human Resources, Communications, Psychology, Public Administration or other related field.
- 5-7 years progressive human resources experience is required.
- 2+ years of management experience preferred.
- Experience as an HR Generalist or proven experience in staffing, benefits, employee relations and HRIS preferred.
- PHR/SPHR/SHRM certification highly desirable.
- Services, policies and general responsibilities and requirements/regulations of area of Human Resources
- Computers and appropriate software to produce correspondence, charts, spreadsheets, and/or other information applicable to the position assignment.
- Methods and techniques for organizing and implementing programs or projects.
- Demonstrated capability in providing data analysis and metrics that assist the business with decision making.
- Thorough knowledge of existing state/federal employment and leave laws and regulations
Join us and enjoy our benefits including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Company paid basic term life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Account for Medical
- Dependent Care Assistance
- 401(k) with company match up to 4%
- PTO (personal time off)
- Paid holidays
- Pet Insurance
- Gym discounts
- Plus many more!
Palomar Health Medical Group maintains a drug-free workplace and smoke free working environment. Employees are required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen. Palomar Health Medical Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in the workplace.