Medical Assistant - QM - Graybill Medical Group (19922)
Join us in our mission to heal, comfort and promote health in the communities we serve!
Graybill Medical Group is now affiliated with Arch Health Medical Group. Like Graybill, Arch Health is a large multi-specialty group practice with offices in North San Diego County. By combining resources, the two medical groups will be able to offer a wider range of services through a network of 170 primary care and specialty physicians and advanced practitioners and 22 locations in North San Diego and South Riverside Counties.
We are a multi-specialty, not for profit medical group that is dedicated to enhancing the health of people in our communities. We offer access to comprehensive services to meet all your healthcare needs, including urgent care, primary and specialty care services. We are a Palomar Health affiliate and together we are committed to providing superior care, close to home.
We are always looking for talented, compassionate, qualified professionals who will embrace our culture of excellence, service, integrity and innovation.
We currently have a great opportunity for a Medical Assistant for our Graybill Medical Group office in Escondido at our Second Ave location assisting the QM/Special Services department.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Drawing blood Gap reports
- Retina Vue
- F/U for closed loop Treatment opportunities
- Fit Testing (FiOBT)
- Screening (hearing/ABI/PFT
- Holter Monitors
- Pre-op EKG
- Thoroughly and accurately obtains chief complaint and pertinent information from patient. Communicates information to health care provider.
- Ensures and facilitates patient flow.
- Performs set-up and assists physician/PA/NP with procedures and examinations.
- Observes patient and reports changes in patient condition.
- Documents patient care, response to care, and telephone contact.
- Prepares lab and X-ray results for physician review.
- Sets up and re-stocks exam room.
- Prepares and processes instruments.
- Participates in patient call-backs.
- Correctly inputs patient information into EHR.
- Will be responsible for insurance verification.
- Will process insurance authorizations.
- Schedule procedures at various locations according to provider protocols.
- Book, coordinate and reschedule patient appointments in regards to surgeries or tests.
- Contact referring physician offices regarding referrals.
- Verifies necessary demographic and clinical information in computer system.
- Maintains and updates current information on physicians’ schedules, ensuring that patients are scheduled properly.
- Monitor and coordinate patient appointments based on quality metrics.
- Submit supplemental data claims to meet quality metric criteria.
- Requests and follows-up on medical record requests from outside entities.
- Schedules and coordinates Medicare annual wellness visits for patients assigned to the organization’s ACO.
- Provides services to patients to bridge gaps in care, to include but not limited to: drawing HbA1c, conducting diabetic retinal exams, patient education on completing FOBT tests, etc.
- High School diploma or GED, completion of accredited medical assistant program,
- 2 years clinical back office experience highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of procedure scheduling terminology and coding
- Current CPR/BLS certification
- Experience with Electronic Health Record system such as NextGen
- Knowledge of CPT II coding
- Knowledge of AMP/ACO quality metrics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills using tact, patience, respect and courtesy.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others; use discretion in handling difficult situations.
- Excellent organization and time management skills
Palomar Health Medical Group offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Medical and Dental Insurance plus Vision discount program
- Group term life insurance and voluntary insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- PTO ( personal time off)
- Paid holidays (7)
- Plus many more!
Palomar Health Medical Group maintains a drug-free workplace and smoke free working environment. Employees are required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen. Smoking is permitted in designated areas outside of offices. Palomar Health Medical Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in the workplace.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 31395